From the inside out...
From the outside, on:
- Pattern: Grainline Scout woven tee - size 8 with a no-dart FBA, extended to dress length.
- Fabric: cotton voile from the coupons corner at the Chien Vert. I bought it in my early stash-building days, in love at first touch of the buttery softness and with the Delft porcelain colours, but guiltily not knowing what on earth I was going to do with it.
- Inspiration: fabric chat with Leila. I caught the end of this one the other week and had a lightbulb moment. I'd never sewn voile before and it was high time to cut into it!
- Details: All the seams are frenched. Even the armholes! With the unforeseen but hugely satisfying result that the seam allowances and narrow hems are the same width. Did you spot that? Love it.
- Conclusion: beautifully sewn (if I do say so myself) from a beautiful pattern with beautiful fabric, it's also beautifully cool and comfortable to wear. I'm pretty pleased with this one :-)
- P.S.: haircut!