However, I am a wearer of dresses.
And a knit, two-tone dress with that cropped curve AND a high-low hem at the knees?
Yes, I'll wear that. Especially when it's this comfy and it sparkles.
- Pattern: Megan Nielsen's Briar, size L with full bust & narrow back adjustments (2cm each).
- Top extended to dress length like this.
- Colour blocked using the right/wrong sides of the fabric - the top half is the cropped length of the pattern.
- Fabric: silvery sweater knit from the Maison Dorée. One of my more expensive purchases ever, at 10 euros/metre (1.5m was enough, even for dress length). I nearly didn't buy it but couldn't resist the little coloured bits: do you see them? Look closely up top there!
- Bangle (or do we call them cuffs these days?): H&M, 4 euros. No, I haven't entirely sworn off fast fashion yet. I was going to but then I saw this.
I wore this dress the first time to a birthday party. It might not have the glamorous shape of a fitted dress à la NL6000, but it's got glitz enough and plenty room for dinner and dancing. And we're all old enough now to appreciate that.
:: :: ::
PS. Wouldn't this make a great maternity dress/top? With a bit more length in the front, I guess - but that cropped curved shape would fall wonderfully over a bump.
PPS. What should I do with my hair?? I like it mid-length and tie-up-able, but it's getting both straggly and boring. Hairdresser given free reign will make it short. Is she right?