Thursday, 20 September 2012

And now for some man sewing: Negroni shirt

To look at it, you'd never guess how many times I unpicked the entire yoke and collar.


Thank the Lord that all the seams are cleverly hidden.


Maybe making my first shirt ever in a lightweight, translucent, asymmetrical check to deadline for G's birthday was not a good idea.

Whatever, he wears it and it looks good.

He'll kill me if he ever sees I put this here.

Geek notes:
  • The pattern the Colette Negroni. My first experience with a Colette pattern, and it was as pleasant and straightforward as I'd been led to believe, i.e., very.
  • It comes with an instruction booklet that has space for notes and a pocket for the pattern pieces. MUCH better than those huge fold-out pages from the big pattern houses.
  • Very clear instructions - despite the serial seam ripping, this pattern basically taught me how to make a shirt with no prior experience (I learn by doing, I just couldn't visualise the sodding thing until it was f***ed up done).
  • The sizing came up a bit large I think - this size M leaves G plenty of room for manoeuvre. He's lost some weight in the meantime so the next (if there is one...) will be a small.

1 comment:

  1. Great shirt- looks better then the one I made and I have made a few shirts in my time. I didn't like the facing on this one so I am going back to my nice shirt patterns with a front band instead. My husband is swamped in the medium too, but then he is short!!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be anonymous or unpleasant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...