Just look at that print!
This marvellous fabric was hanging in the window of an innocuous little shop on the bus route to creche. Each day when T and I passed, I would plead telepathically for someone to take it down before those gorgeous colours faded into mediocrity.
Eventually I cracked, and rescued it myself.
The decision to go maxi instead of knee-length was spur of the moment and so unexpectedly inspired, I hardly feel I can take credit for it. I therefore don't feel like I'm bragging too much when I say it was a stroke of genius. It's the skirt that does everything - shady and cool under 38° of French sun, but with just the right level of comforting cover-up back home in milder climes.
I have actually been stopped on the street four times since July by people I don't know, just to talk about how great it is (really! and only one of them was a dodgy bloke trying to chat me up, at 8.15am for goodness' sake).
- A line skirt with yoga-style jersey knit waistband.
- Fit: perfect. I measured a 40 and it is true to size.
- Adjustments: extended from knee-length to the floor, with double 3 cm hem for weight.
- Changes next time? I would make it a few cms shorter, to skim my feet rather than the actual floor.
- Fabric: African wax print from a chaotic little shop on rue Willems in St Josse.